The ultimate bridal beauty countdown
First comes love, then comes hair, makeup, waxing, laser peels, spray tans and nails, and then only marriage. Planning a beauty routine for your wedding day could be so overwhelming and stressful, calling it off may seem like the only solution. Depending on how high or low-maintenance your regime is, we have compiled the ultimate bridal beauty countdown for a glowing wedding day.
Six months to go.
- Start your healthy eating plan and exercise routine. Drink plenty of water, eat clean, and get loads of sleep.
- Book an eyebrow appointment. Caterpillar brows do not turn into perfect arches overnight.
- Schedule your first hair appointment as you may want to grow it out for the big day, and this will need time. Take your file of inspiration pics and be clear with your stylist on what look you want to achieve. What you choose may not suit your hair type or skin tone, so be prepared to surrender somewhat.
Five months to go.
- Now's a good time to have your first gentle lazer skin peel. Any reactions will heal within a month which will give you time to decide on whether you want another or just leave it be. Click here for our detailed skincare countdown with all you need to know about lazers, peels, botox and dermapen treatments.
- The same principle applies to testing a spray tan. A bright orange will tone down considerably with time to spare before the big day.
Four months to go.
- How are those brows doing? Maintain the shape and consider tinting them.
- If your skin glowed after your fraxel laser peel, you could have your second appointment now. A total of three sessions are ideal for treating fine lines and acne.
- Keep up that eating plan and exercise routine. Drink lots of water to flush out toxins caused by stress.
- Book all appointments for hair, waxing, nails and facials. It’s easier to cancel nearer the time than panic if your preferred salon is fully booked.
- Book a make-up consultation. With your hair and skin almost at an optimal level, now's a good time to do a makeup test.
Three months to go.
- Have a facial, or your third laser treatment, trim your hair, and get a mani and pedi.
- Touch up your hair colour. From now, your wedding day beauty routine is all maintenance with no surprises.
- If you’re considering straightening unruly curls, now is the time to do it. MykroKeratin is one of the best smoothing treatments around because of its almost undetectable chemical content, and efficacy in retaining moisture.
Two months to go.
- Top up your spray tan, and book the final session at least three days before the big day.
- Those eyebrows should be nearing perfection right now. Aren't you glad we started early?
- Get another mani and pedi. Trial your wedding day nail art or Gelish. Stop knawing at those cuticles, keep them well oiled and nails beautifully trimmed.
One month to go.
- Do a final make-up trial and photograph it. This will be the look your make-up artist needs to recreate on the day.
- Keep yourself hydrated. All your hard work will start showing now, even your brows will look like a movie stars’.
Three weeks to go.
- Touch up on chemical hair treatments. Only the regrowth though as double layering will weaken hair shafts and cause breakage.
- Get a final hair trim.
- Get your final facial. Any extractions may lead to breakouts which need at least 15 days to heal.
Two weeks to go.
- Keep up that workout routine. You're looking great.
- Cut out salt and wheat to avoid water retention and bloating.
- Pack a beauty kit: wet wipes, lipstick, concealer, blotting paper, earbuds, hand lotion, baby powder and band aids.
One week to go.
- Shape your brows for that final eye lifting arch.
- Wax your legs, bikini area, and upper lip.
- Get that final spray tan in nothing but your birthday suit.
The day before.
- Unless you've had a spray tan, get a body scrub to slough away dead skin cells and leave your skin glowing.
- Book a singles or couples massage to gently dispel stress knots, to relax, and to feel pampered after all your hard work.
- Get enough sleep. Baggy eyes are not considered designer wear.
And there you have it; our ultimate bridal beauty countdown is the only all-inclusive plan you'll ever need for your wedding day.